Invitation for teachers to participate in a Program for Oral History .
The Chania Film Festival, with the support of the Regional Centre for Educational Planning (PEKES) of Crete, within the framework of the training program “Voices” – oral history in the foreground”, to be realized during 2021 (January – October), invites primary and secondary education teachers who are interested, to participate in the action of the program CRe-stories/“Tell me a story!..” – Oral history at school and/or throughout the training program afterwards.
This Action has a dual character.
a/ It is an introductory part of the annual training program, for those of the participants who decide to attend it afterwards.
b) It is designed to operate independently of the program, for those participants who wish to use it in their school and are not interested in participating in the annual program.
The Action includes:
- Initial three-hour modern teacher training (theory and practice, preparation of application with/without students).
- Asynchronous practical training (audiovisual history recording, archiving). Teachers undertake to implement an Oral History Action. Specifically, teachers, taking into account the proposed framework for the implementation of the Action
- CRe-stories/“Tell me a story!..” and relevant instructions of a technical nature and content provided by the Festival, they design and implement their own Oral History Action in their classroom, in their school, in a group of students or in a group of teachers, on a subject of their own choice from the modules:
- Objects of remembrance in the Cretan family
- final three-hour feedback synchronous six-hour meeting (presentation of recorded stories, completion of the Evaluation Sheet of the Action).
Total Duration of Action (synchronous and asynchronous): 15 hours.
Interested teachers can express their interest in participating by filling in, until 31/12/2020, the relevant Participation Form HERE:
For your better planning, for those who are interested in participating in the annual training program, we would like to inform you that for the year 2021, in the first implementation of the program, 6 three-hour synchronous six-hour meetings and asynchronous internships/ study will take place.
The modern six-year meetings will take place according to the following schedule:
- 1st Meeting: 9/1/2021 (initial Action)
- 2nd Meeting: 13/2/2021 (Action feedback)
- 3rd Meeting: 6/3/2021
- 4th Meeting: 3/4/2021
- 5th Meeting: 22/5/2021
- 6th Meeting: 26/6/2021
Total duration of the Program, synchronous and asynchronous phases (January – October 2021): 100 hours.
Design of training programme and action:
- Chara Andreadou, historian, educator, scientific associate of CFF
- Matthaios Frantzeskakis, CFF director
- The CRe-stories/”Tell me a story!..” – Oral history at school – as well as all the programs and actions – of the Chania Film Festival is implemented with the approval and auspices of the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, following a positive recommendation by the Institute of Educational Policy.
- Participation in the annual Program and the Action is offered without any financial burden for teachers and students.
- Certificates of participation will be given
Clarifications information : email@example.com
The Programs and Educational Activities of the Chania Film Festival for the school year 2020-2021 are designed to be implemented in person and remotely (modern and asynchronous).
All educational programs and actions of the Chania Film Festival are implemented under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, while they are also approved for implementation in the School Community by the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, following a positive recommendation by the Institute of Educational Policy.
Director of the Chania Film Festival