Special screenings and workshops for the Schools of Crete from the 7th Chania Film Festival from 23 October to 2 November 2019, at the Cultural Center of Chania.
In the final straight for the realization of the 7th Chania Film Festival / Chania Film Festival (CFF) and the event announced the special program for the educational community.
In this context, a rich program has been SPECIFICALLY designed for the School Community, which includes:
- 13 specific projections for schools (with a specific breakdown per age)
- 53 special workshops for schools on audiovisual issues and not only
- Within the framework of the Festival, a special tribute entitled EGO THE OTHER will take place.
- Special workshop for the creation of a film using a mobile phone – an awareness-raising workshop for human rights that is part of the program “And if you were you” and more specifically in the “action MAZI”, implemented by the Panhellenic Network for Theatre in Education in collaboration with the UNHCR.
- Workshops of animation, film creation, radio, theatrical play, etc.
Based on the above, the school units of Crete are invited to declare the FREE participation of their schools.
Information on the films (days and hours of screening) as well as on the workshops can be found at: https://chaniafilmfestival.com/provoles-ergastiria-sxoleion/
At the same address there are the online application forms participation in screenings and workshops. We note that APPLICATIONS are MADE MONOELECTRONIC AND SHOULD BE SENT UNTIL TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2019. BECAUSE OF THE AN INCREASED DEMAND WILL BE ADHERED TO AN ABSOLUTE PRIORITY SERIES.
In the main program of the 7th Chania International Film Festival which will be announced in the coming days (23 October to 2 November 2019) the following will take place:
- Screenings of more than 150 short and feature films from around the world
- 11 special master classes and workshops, some SPECIAL FOR TEACHERS
- A series of parallel events
- About 50 creators will be with us along with their films.
- We note that the 7th Chania International Film Festival premieres on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 with the only emblematic film “STELLA” directed by Michael Cacoyannis, with Melina Mercouri. The screening will take place in the presence of representatives of the Michael Cacoyannis Foundation and collaborators of Michael Cacoyannis.
- The closing ceremony of the Festival will take place on Friday, November 1, 2019 at the Cultural Center of Chania with the screening of the 20 films created with schools in Chania, during the school year 2018 – 2019, within the framework of the educational programs and actions of the Chania International Film Festival.
- The program of the 7th Chania Film Festival ends on Saturday, November 2nd with the workshop that will take place on “Cinema and School” with the participation of 10 speakers from Greece and abroad from the field of education and cinema. [Participation with an electronic declaration. A certificate of participation will be given]
- In the festival’s program there is a special experiential workshop from the educational action cine Graphs entitled “Film clubs for children: The enjoyment of viewing” [Participation with electronic declaration. A certificate of participation will be given]
Special workshop of the SKASIARCHEIO team on “Freinet’s pedagogy. Theoretical and practical approach”. [Participation by electronic declaration. A certificate of participation will be given].
There will also be special events, exhibitions, etc., as well as a series of other activities that will be announced in the coming days on the Festival’s website (www.chaniafilmfestival.com). ALL the activities of the 7th Chania Film Festival ( Chania Film Festival (CFF) and the educational action cineLearning Lessons are WITH FREE ENTRANCE.
We propose, however, as every year, the OPTIONAL contribution to long-term foods or medicines, which will be given to Social Structures in Chania as well as to the Social Clinic – Pharmacy of Chania. From this year’s event we gather food and medicine for the strays of the city as well.
The educational programs and the Actions of the Chania Film Festival HAVE THE APPROVAL OF THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS 90780/Δ2/ 06-06-2019 and Α.Π. 123444/Δ7 based on the positive recommendation of the Institute of Educational Policy (IEP) with the no. Cfi. 28/11-07-2019. Scope of application are school units throughout Crete during the Festival and for the entire school year 2019-2020.
The Chania Film Festival and its Educational Programs
are under the auspices of:
of the Ministries
Education and Religious Affairs,
Culture and Sports,
and of the Greek National Tourism Organization
are supported by the Greek Parliament,
are designed and implemented
by the Cultural Society of Crete,
are co-organized by
the Region of Crete, the Regional Unit of Chania,
the Cultural Center of Chania,
of the Municipalities of Chania and Platanias
and of the CFSP-KAM
and have the synergy of major players
of cinema, of Culture and Education.
Chassis / BOTANICAL PARK / SAMARIA / MONTERNO ANEK Lines + Blue Star / SYNKA / CHANIA BANK / GRAPHOTECHNIKI