The necessity of achieving steps of cinematic literacy in Greek primary and secondary education led to the design and implementation of the program with a view to coupling theoretical knowledge and acquiring skills to apply the acquired knowledge.
Objectives of the programme:
The broader objective of the action is to achieve, through the design and operation of a film club at school, steps towards audiovisual literacy, i.e. the acquisition of skills, not only of viewing / consumption (use) but also of critical evaluation of audiovisual products (with the possible creation of visual concepts and the production of visual messages). The activities of the film club will offer opportunities to teachers, students and parents for a sequential transition from the viewing-enjoyment of the film, the spontaneous expression of emotions and description, to the investigation of emotions, the decoding of the creator's intentions, and will lead to expression-creation.
Individual goals for teachers, students, parents:
● The cultivation of film education at school.
● The ability to watch films that belong to different genres (narrative, documentary, animation, etc.)
● The enjoyment of viewing.
● The promotion/understanding of the social role of cinema.
● The acquisition of techniques/strategies for the selection (critical evaluation) of films as conscious viewers.
● The knowledge and approach of tools/means, the technology of cinema and its implications.
● The acquaintance with the methods and techniques with which the film product is produced.
● The development of a critical attitude (study-research) towards film products (expressive conventions and optical media).
● The approach of social issues through films.
● The use of audiovisual tools for the development of personal expression skills.
● Interdisciplinary approaches/encounters with scientific fields, such as photography, visual image, music, movement, literature, creative writing.
Particular aim for teachers:
● The acquisition of skills in the design of cinematic literacy activities and their implementation either in the school or in the context of informal education.